Refund Pending

Drew_technician
Contributor
Contributor
Refunded a buyer on 6th December For a parcel which was misplaced by Hermes and today it’s still pending on my PayPal account. When is it likely to be sent to the buyer? He’s getting quite frustrated with the whole thing now as am I...any advice would be great!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drew_technician 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. The buyer funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on the buyers behalf (so there is no delay in despatching the item). Then if a refund is issued in the meantime Paypal are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drew_technician 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. The buyer funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on the buyers behalf (so there is no delay in despatching the item). Then if a refund is issued in the meantime Paypal are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Drew_technician
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was issued from my bank account! How long does it usually take?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drew_technician 

5-7 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.