Refund On Ebay

A_P1
Contributor
Contributor

I brought an phone on ebay & had to return it so they gave me a refund. Paypal has a summary saying I got the payment but the balance is at 0, I messaged the buyer asking why this has happened he said I have to log in to Paypal and RECEIVE money with ID, that I have to do the action. How do I do this? Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A_P1

You don't have to claim anything.................

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A_P1

You don't have to claim anything.................

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

A_P1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello this did help me very much but only the problem is my said I received my money but not all of it but the summary says I did receive it. I clicked on the summary & it says there is a voucher that did not appear in my bank account nor on paypal balance  

Login to Me Too

Angelvee
Contributor
Contributor

this is not offering any answers or help but Paypal should not just leave us hanging like this. they should at least post a reason for why your refund  is not showing as a balance or going back to it's original source. It is your money and we like to know where our money is. Just add a sentence saying whats happening ,instead of  stranding us in limbo,  for 21 or 30 days while hoping we understood it right . I should not be in a community forum seeking answers.

the online person was short ,unhelpful and rude. The phone machine help was also terrible. Whats going on? now I cannot submit this because I'm being harassed by a captcha thingy. I have poor sight and can't see the darn things.

Login to Me Too

Angelvee
Contributor
Contributor

hello community. I am back today with a bit of egg on my face and a cheesecake grin. It seems ebay handled my refund so swiftly that the entry I'd just seen to my bank statement online just magically disappeared like the transaction never occurred at all. Now mind you, I did the transaction, I saw it hit my bank, It Was there. The refund from Ebay did register to my Paypal account . it is still there. What I had to dig for on Paypal was where was it refunded to. Click here, click there and miss a click and you don't see that. Anyway I finally did the right click that said ithad been refunded to my bank card. Ebays message to me said it was refunded to Paypal. Confused much? So I had to do a whole review and bank balancing act to discover the money was never removed from my bank in the first place and my bank entry just had vanished. No record of the transaction having ever been made. I'm happy .  Hope this helps some of you. nowI have to wrestle with that darn reCaptcha thingy to get out of here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.