Refund Not Found Anywhere!

Imminance
Contributor
Contributor

I've made a concert ticket purchase on the 22nd of April using a debit card, but the concert got cancelled at the eleventh hour, so the ticket merchant was to make refunds to all the buyers. The refund was made on the 5th of September, which means it's more than 60 days from the original purchase and therefore should be posted to my PayPal balance. However, it's the 4th of October now and I have yet to see an increase in my PayPal balance, neither in my bank account balance. Could I be missing something? I've never received refunds on PayPal before so I'll need and appreciate any help! Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Imminance

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Imminance

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Imminance
Contributor
Contributor
Well, it's October 4th now so it's already 29 days, I'll see if it comes in today or tomorrow. I'm not having high hopes though.
Login to Me Too

Imminance
Contributor
Contributor

Oh well, right when I posted about it here and at the 29th day, I received the refund in my balance today. Thanks for all the help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.