Refund Denied

jacksonafy
New Community Member

Hello,

My name is Jackson and recently, I just lost $40 to a fake “lady” who I met on tinder. This lady tricked me and desperately asked me to help pay her bills — as it turns out, her bank account is linked to a San Jose account (no where near my location) and this “lady” has not responded to me since i gave her the $40 (not even a thank you). Please understand, this is NOT consistent transaction activity and i am DEMANDING this refund. “She” specifically asked for me to make it a “family and friends” payment too — trying to ensure that i cannot get this refund. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT AUTHORIZED PAYMENT. PLEASE REFUND ME. PLEASE --- I'm a recent college graduate student too! I absolutely need this money and do not want to lose it this way. I will never make this mistake again and this should be enough to show that this is 100% UNAUTHORIZED transaction and I NEED this refund. This "Janice Smith" is not the person she says she is -- let alone, she doesn't exist at all as made clear through "her" actions and location. Please do not let her get this money, she does not receive it until 10/17/2020. THIS IS NOT "CONSISTENT" TRANSACTION HISTORY. This is the first time I have ever given this account money. Your review does not make sense with my claims.

Jackson
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacksonafy 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection.

As there is no buyer protection you would not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the gift payment.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.