Refund Completed but not yet in account.

sueshells
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I bought multiple items  and my seller and I had problems sorting out combined postage, which she offered but which wasn't showing at checkout. I agreed to pay the postage, £91.77 when it should have been £3.99 and she would refund the extra. She immediately refunded the difference, £87.88, and the transaction is showing as Completed in my account but it hasn't appeared in my PayPal account or in my bank account. The purchase was funded from my bank, via a debit card on file. Can someone please enlighten me as to how long I might have to wait? 

Thanks, Sue

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @sueshells,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, when a refund has been issued, the money will go back to the original funding source. If the payment was completed with a card, the funds will be reversed to the same credit or debit card. In this case, it usually takes 5-7 working days, but it may take up to 30 days for the money to show on your funding source. If the payment was originally funded from your PayPal balance, the amount will be returned to the balance and if your bank account was used, the money will be refunded to that bank.

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.