Refund 30 days ridiculous!

clairelouisemul
Contributor
Contributor
As I read through the Archive, I see it could take up to 30 days to get a refund back to your card. Then another one says it can take 5-7 days. Seriously? Pay-pal charged my account in lass them 30 seconds. Why so long, I already have a replacement item for the one I bought, in my Que, waiting for my refund. If I have to even wait 5 days, it could be sold. Here is a suggestion Pay-Pal. Offer an option on where you want it credited to. Have an explanation on what the benefits are to each one, and the downfall of each one. I've been using pay-pal, and E-Bay for a very long time now... However, after experiencing this, I may consider getting my items from other sites. As long as Pay-Pal has been around, you would think they would have refined their system, to gear more towards their users. And before Pay-Pal claims it is not them, it is the Card Company, I have my Paycheck deposited on my card, and it is there, every time, right on time, I don't have to wait 5-7 days or up to 30 days to get it.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clairelouisemul 

Your mixing up 2 things, the 5-7 days option is for pending refunds awaiting clearance from a sellers bank account if they didn't have enough to fund the refund in their paypal balance.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

The 30 days is AFTER paypal have completed your refund request and passed on the refund to your card issuer, they say allow up to 30 days (as it does take that long in some countries) but i have never waited longer than a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.