Refound

KristoSefa

Hey guys somebody charged me 3 payments on an mexican rodblox account and i asked for a refound good news i got a message that they will do so my problem is that i already blocked my card for security reasons so will they add the money to my card still or my bank account ? Will they add that money to the paypal account itself or i have to give them one other card so they can do it there ? Im sure they will write me when the time comes but i am impatient 😕

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristoSefa 

No, PayPal won't put the refund in the new card and you won't lose the money. Just talk to your bank or credit/debit card customer service. Tell them you have refunds going back to the closed card and see what they say about where the refund will go, how they will handle it.

When refunding to cards, the refund is basically a reversal of the transaction (to the original card used). 

Please read:

Where is my refund?

"If you paid with a credit/debit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account. Refunds to credit/debit cards usually takes 2-5 business days, however it can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristoSefa 

If you used a bank debit card and refund can't go back on the debit card, the refund will appear in your PayPal balance. Of course, the card being canceled will cause delays for the refund to be credited because you have to wait for the bounce back.

If you paid with credit card, please contact your card issuer to see if they have a special process for situations like this. They might mail you a refund check or route the refund to your new card but the refund will go back on the closed credit card.

Login to Me Too

KristoSefa
If i add a new one will they put it there ? And if they dont do i lose a % of the money if i manualy add the money to the new card when that happen (probably that depends on the country too im in Greece)
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristoSefa 

No, PayPal won't put the refund in the new card and you won't lose the money. Just talk to your bank or credit/debit card customer service. Tell them you have refunds going back to the closed card and see what they say about where the refund will go, how they will handle it.

When refunding to cards, the refund is basically a reversal of the transaction (to the original card used). 

Please read:

Where is my refund?

"If you paid with a credit/debit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account. Refunds to credit/debit cards usually takes 2-5 business days, however it can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved."

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristoSefa 

If your bank or card company asks for proof of refund, just go into your PayPal account, look up the refund transactions, click on it and click "Print" and save it as pdf to send to your bank or card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.