Contributor

Is there a way to recive money in Macedonia through Paypal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @z_veljjanovski3,

I'm afraid I do not have the ability to view and translate that page. If the bank claims to be able to work with PayPal, that may be that the bank stands ready if the feature becomes available. 

The feature for receipt of payments through PayPal is not available in every country, and Macedonia is one of the countries where that capability does not currently exist. We truly appreciate your interest in that feature. Thank you for inquiring about it!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@z_veljjanovski 

No, unfortunately Macedonia PayPal accounts cannot receive money. Only for shopping online or sending money for goods and services to an email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

z_veljjanovski
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know when it will be available and what is the problem?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi z_veljjanovski, 

I'm afraid we don't have any update on this. We are always changing and adding new features so if this option is to change for Macedonia then we will be sure to announce it. 

Thanks for your post,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

z_veljjanovski3
Contributor
Contributor
Hi here is oficial link http://www.nbrm.mk/ns-newsarticle-soopstenie-29082019.nspx of macedonian national bank where they approves to receive money through paypal, sorry for that the post is on Macedonian language. Please review. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @z_veljjanovski3,

I'm afraid I do not have the ability to view and translate that page. If the bank claims to be able to work with PayPal, that may be that the bank stands ready if the feature becomes available. 

The feature for receipt of payments through PayPal is not available in every country, and Macedonia is one of the countries where that capability does not currently exist. We truly appreciate your interest in that feature. Thank you for inquiring about it!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MadBuldog
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia 

Here is the link to the same link in English: http://www.nbrm.mk/ns-newsarticle-soopstenie-29082019-en.nspx

This is a Decision on the manner and the terms under which residents that are not authorized banks may open and hold accounts abroad. The amendments allow citizens and companies to open and hold accounts with all foreign electronic payment transactions services that will provide their services for the residents from our country. They will be able to use these accounts solely for commercial purposes or for purchasing and/or selling goods and services electronically. Whether and when citizens and companies will be able to open an account with a particular electronic service and what services they will be able to use (whether only for payment or also for collection), each of the services decides separately, thus making their business decision on the basis of their own analyses and assessments.

The National Bank of The Republic of North Macedonia is the governing body that regulates all of the financial sector in the country.

This decision was made around 24-August-2019, that's why people are asking about when PayPal is going to allow for money to be received to Macedonian accounts especially since other electronic payment transactions services like Skrill and other are already making steps toward opening this option to Macedonian users.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MadBuldog,

Thank you for providing further information. As well as regulations in various countries, many other factors are involved when determining whether or not a feature is available in each country. I'm afraid I can't predict or speculate on when or whether the feature will be available in the future, as that is a business decision that would only be announced upon release of the new feature. Please know that PayPal is always weighing these possibilities. If there is a change, it will be announced on the PayPal website.

Thank you again!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

idonov
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding @PayPal_Olivia and Paypal, but please do something about this.

We don't like being left out of the developed world, and this feels like a wrench in every Macedonian startup business.

Login to Me Too

keyart
Contributor
Contributor

What is happening with receive money via Paypal in Macedonia, we are still not able to receive money???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.