Recipient clains he never received the money

maurie
Contributor
Contributor

Not fully understanding the process of  transferring of money to another person with PayPal I sent him $650 twice with him claiming he never received either payment. I subsequently was able to transfer the $650 with a different app.  Later that evening I noticed from my band account that the $650 X 2 were withheld from my banking account.  He still claims that he never received the money and that a former phone number of his was used by PayPal for the transfer of the funds.  PayPal claims he has processed the funds because the transaction states to be complete.  I've made good the debt to PayPal but I'm most disappointed with the lost of $1300. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maurie 

How did you pay?

Friends / family OR goods / services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maurie 

How did you pay?

Friends / family OR goods / services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Queentdp
New Community Member
PayPal used wrong email...they changed it....I canceled payment and did stop payment with my bank. . PayPal decided to use my debit card because I stopped payment eventhough it was canceled before processed. They sent money to the correct email but recipient never got it. According to PayPal they sent $400 to wrong email and $400 to correct email without my consent after I canceled payment. I used a different bank to pay them. But $400 PayPal sent was drafted from my bank and cant be found. I'm refused a refund and my preferred bank was deetedd...im now waiting for my bank to investigate where the money went. Canceling payment should have resolved the issue but it was ignored. Sending to an altered email I dont even know was the fault. My account showing $400 sent to two different payees and that's unacceptable as one was canceled and one never received.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.