Recipient accepts payments only through their website

tadeudz
Contributor
Contributor

paypal.jpeg

When people are trying to send me money they keep getting this error message pop up. I do have an Etsy site but I've not linked it to my paypal though I do accept PP as a payment method, so I don't know why this has happened.

It's happening to people both in the UK (as I am) or overseas so it can't be a currency issue. 

I've searched through previous posts re the above error message but none of the fixes I've seen have worked.

Can someone help me with this? Or point me to the right technical team?

I've reported it via the customer service link but never had a reply and this has been going on for months.

I'm at the point where I might have to delete this account and start a new one.

Thanks in advance

Ally

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi tadeudz, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum.

You can decide what types of payments you want to accept automatically, deny automatically, or review before you accept in your payment receiving preferences.

For example, you can decide what to do when you receive a payment in a currency you don’t hold or block eCheck payments for all website payments except eBay and Mass Pay.

Here’s how to set your payment receiving preferences:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  3. Click My selling tools.
  4. Click Update next to "Block payments" in the "Getting paid and managing my risk" section.
  5. Edit your preferences, and then click Save when you are finished.

If you are still experiencing difficulty receiving payments outside of your website please contact our Customer Support team. You will find the contact options by clicking on "help and contact" at the bottom of the PayPal page.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.