Receiving payments

Fadh1
New Community Member
I am in the process of returning an item from eBay. However, my country’s policy on Paypal has restricited from receiving payments (only pay). Is there any other method that I may receive my refund?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fadh1 

Even though you can't receive funds in your country, you can of course still get refunds as the refund would automatically go back to the card you used to pay your seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fadh1 

Even though you can't receive funds in your country, you can of course still get refunds as the refund would automatically go back to the card you used to pay your seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Edu_Affonso
New Community Member

It is not a refund for something I bought . It is a payment for a service I did that I want to receive through paypal. My doubt is what info should I provide to the person (how this people will find me at paypal?) . I am in Brazil and the payment will be made in UK. 

Login to Me Too

Amandabradley08
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. First time using PayPal. I have got an email to say money is on hold. This I understand. Should I still see it in pending on the app and if so what do I need to do to make this happen. Very wary of sending an expensive item when never used this before. 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amandabradley08 

Be careful of SCAMS, even if pending it would show in your paypal account balance.

Do not send anything until it is, scammers send fake paypal emails telling you to send trackable before the funds show, this is not true.

If you were subject to the new seller hold then yes tracking releases funds more quickly BUT the funds would still show in your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.