Receiving payments

LauraBright
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am in the process of selling my pram. The lady as informed me the she has sent me £500 through PayPal but had no confirmation from PayPal and she has also said to me that in order to receive the £500 I need to pay a courier £300 out of my own pocket and send the confirmation to paypal to get the money in full including the £300 I have paid. The lady said that she is over seas and won't be able to pay the courier over bank transfer thats why I have to pay them.  Paypal is withholding the money until I pay the courier and I have confirmed I have paid this with PayPal . Please help as I feel this is a scam.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, this is a scam.

If somebody sends you a payment, even if it's pending for any reason, you will see this in your Activity log in PayPal. If you don't see such a record of a transaction, then it doesn't exist, and no payment happened.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, this is a scam.

If somebody sends you a payment, even if it's pending for any reason, you will see this in your Activity log in PayPal. If you don't see such a record of a transaction, then it doesn't exist, and no payment happened.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.