Receiving money

Odiegooddog
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. First of all, im not sure if this is the right place to adress this type of questions, so im sorry if im mistaken. So, i made a couple payments via paypal a few days ago, and then i got refunded. However, they sent the refund to two different virtual cards that i have already deleted. Will the money go straight to my paypal account now? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Odiegooddog wrote:
Hello. First of all, im not sure if this is the right place to adress this type of questions, so im sorry if im mistaken. So, i made a couple payments via paypal a few days ago, and then i got refunded. However, they sent the refund to two different virtual cards that i have already deleted. Will the money go straight to my paypal account now? Thanks in advance.

PayPal should have the card info on file even if you deleted it. How else can they track and identify if a card number has been used before. The refunds will go back to your card. If for some reason the card issuer refused the refund and bounce it back to PayPay, the funds will ultimately be allocated to your PayPal balance instead. This may take more than 30 days of course.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Odiegooddog wrote:

PayPal should have the card info on file even if you deleted it. How else can they track and identify if a card number has been used before. The refunds will go back to your card. If for some reason the card issuer refused the refund and bounce it back to PayPay, the funds will ultimately be allocated to your PayPal balance instead. This may take more than 30 days of course.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.