Receiving income from multiple locations

jurgis123
Contributor
Contributor

We have a business with multiple locations. Currently we receive the paypal income into just 1 account, and then separate it manually for accounting.

Id like to have either 1. multiple paypal accounts or sub-accounts (1 for each location) or 2.some way of identifying from which location the payment came from within a main account.

When I tried to set up an additional business account, the system said I could not link the bank account to more than 1 paypal account.

So what is the solution for me?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jurgis123 

Hi,

You can add multiple email addresses to collect payments with (up to 8 total per PayPal account, including the primary) to distinguish different territories but under one PayPal account. For example, uk @ mystore. com for UK orders/location, us @ mystore. com for US orders/location, lt @ mystore. com for Lithuania orders/location and so on.

Then create a CSV custom activity download report to capture all transactions for a certain date range then sort by "To email address" field on a spreadsheet.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jurgis123
Contributor
Contributor

sorry, i dont really understand. how do i 'add' and email address to my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jurgis123 

To add an email address to your PayPal account:

1. Go to Profile Settings.
  2. Click Update beside 'Email address'.
  3. Click + and enter your new email address.
  4. Click Add Email and we'll send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address.

Set up different email accounts for your different locations you do business in. Add those email addresses to your PayPal account and confirm them. Then use those email addresses to collect payment at each of your locations (each website). If you have a US site/clients, use the US email address you made for US payments and so on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jurgis123
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, but the integration i use requires a unique client id and secret key from paypal?

Login to Me Too

Jbmnt2019
Contributor
Contributor

jurgis123
Contributor
Contributor

btw- thanks for responding so fast! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.