Receiving a bigger than usual amount

dpearlman
Contributor
Contributor
I will be receiving a bigger than usual amount into my paypal sometime this week. I don't want paypal to freeze my account because of that. What would you recommend I do.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dpearlman 

Then don't use PayPal to receive the payment if you're afraid of that. We don't know your account's standing and can't predict what PayPal's system would do.

The payment could perhaps be put temporarily on hold if it is a goods and services payment, then you'll have to click "Add Tracking" and select an order status, and then contact the sender to  "confirm receipt" on their end of the transaction to release funds.

If payment was sent as friends and family, PayPal may hold it for review up to 72 hours as a formality.

If your account needs to go through the identity verification, it may be limited for submitting documents for proof of identity before you can go ahead use your funds. Provide the docs PayPal is asking for quickly and ensure they are legible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.