Receiving Money

chelseacharlie
New Community Member

I am selling my vehicle and the person who is buying would like to do so through paypal. I have never done this before and would like some feedback. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Paltallo
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. If you get paid via PayPal there will be transaction fees so take that into account.

I agreed to a (Gumtree) buyer paying via PayPal, the buyer says he's paid me via PayPal, but it's not showing up in my PayPal account, neither have I rec'd an email or notification from PayPal that it's been paid! And the PayPal help / resolution centre just goes around in circles!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Paltallo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing a payment in your account. If there's no payment in your account, it's very possible that the buyer sent the payment to the wrong address or is not being truthful about having sent you a payment. Please be cautious as fraudsters are about. The best way to be protected is to check that an expected payment is showing in your PayPal account.

Hi @chelseacharlie,

Thank you for coming to the community for guidance. Please make sure that you review the Seller Protection Guidelines to understand what the requirements are for remaining protected, and assess your risks before exchanging any item or service for a PayPal payment. You can learn more about Seller Protection by clicking here or by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website and visiting the PayPal User Agreement.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.