Receiving Money

ciweaver
Contributor
Contributor

I have used PayPal for online purchases but have never received money through PayPal. If someone in the U.S. wants to send money to my PayPal account, how does that work? What do I have to do to receive it? Etc. Etc. I am not a "Business."

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ciweaver 

Just give them your PayPal email address (the one you log in with), only. No names, the sender will see your name soon enough when they send the payment. That's how you separate the scammers from the real deals who pay up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ciweaver 

Just give them your PayPal email address (the one you log in with), only. No names, the sender will see your name soon enough when they send the payment. That's how you separate the scammers from the real deals who pay up.

Login to Me Too

ciweaver
Contributor
Contributor
Thank You, very helpful info!
Login to Me Too

MarkImbesi
Contributor
Contributor

Do I need to send an invoice to complete a transaction?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ciweaver 

Oh and always check your paypal account for the money first (whether PayPal puts a hold on it or not), don't just believe emails as they can be faked too. 

Login to Me Too

Craig-o
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too

ciweaver
Contributor
Contributor
Excellent Reminder, Thanks!
Login to Me Too

rcook1201
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is nothing but a bunch of high class thieves. their job is to transfer payments , not steal peoples money just cuz they can. **bleep** paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.