Receiveing a payment.

Brad43
New Community Member

I posted an item on eBay and found a seller. The problem is that the seller want to send money to my PayPal. I just found out that the seller want me to ship the item to Nigeria (from London). That is my first time when i sell something online. I just want to know if there is a possibility to get scammed and how dose this work. Am i going to receive an e-mail with the confirmation of payment? If yes can the buyer still scam me? The item is quite pricey and i do not want to lose those money.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Brad43,

It's always important to be cautious when selling online. You always want to look out for fake emails that look like they're from PayPal even though they aren't. Also, make sure you see the payment in your PayPal account activity before you send anything. Even if it isn't immediately available, you'll see it in your activity and pending balance. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.