Received a payment thru email not registered with PayPal but payment missing

jayodicpa
New Community Member

Hi,

I recently have received a payment from my client but it was sent to my new business email which have not been linked to a PayPal account. I clicked the button "claim the money" and PayPal had me linked my business email to my existing personal PayPal account, then PayPal sent an email to me to verify my new email. After that, I logged in and looked at the summary page, to my surprise, the amount is not added yet, and I can't see it anywhere.

Please help me see where my money went to. Also whenever I try to receive it again, the next page says "Transaction no longer exists"

Thanks much to anyone who could help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @jayodicpa,

Uh oh - it sounds like the payment may have been cancelled. If you added and confirmed the email, it would have come through fairly quickly. If you still don't see the payment, I would advise checking with the sender to see what the status of the payment is on their end. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.