Received Paypal email saying Refund had cleared however no history of refund in my acc.

nike202t
New Community Member

So i received an Email from paypal on monday (seemed legitimate enough) saying a refund from a website which i have been waiting on had cleared and was in my acc however when i logged into my acc (exact same address as the one which i received the email from paypal in) there was nothing in my acc and no history of the refund or the original payment made (i made the order through the website in question)

so basically im wondering where my money is 😞 (its not in my bank acc either)

the email was as follows:

"                                                                                                                                                                                                       "

Dear ######### ######### , 

This email confirms that the Pending Refund you received for $###### AUD from ########## has cleared. The funds are now reflected in your PayPal balance.

If the payment is not reflected in your PayPal balance, please check the status of the transaction in your Account History. Log in to your account and go to the 'History' subtab of the 'My Account' tab. If the Status of the payment is listed as 'Unclaimed', click the Accept button to reflect this transaction in your balance.

Refund Details Amount: $###### Transaction ID: ######### Note: Hello #######, unfortunately the second wholesaler stated they had stock of this and then have come and said they don't. Stock will not be available until December or January now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.