Receive the refund on the preferred payment card.

Lisergiko
Contributor
Contributor

The card I used had issues, the bank claimed it was hacked. So I made another card at the same bank, but had the same problem the first instance I used it, and the bank says even the new card has been flagged as hacked/compromised. I assume is the bank's issue, so I opened another card with another bank.

It has been working fine, but I just received a refund and it's going to the "compromised" card I had with the problematic bank. Considering the bank has automatically blocked it, I probably won't receive the refund. I'm expecting to receive a second refund, which is bigger than the previous. How can I make Paypal send that refund to my new working card? I have already set it as preferred payment method, but it doesn't work apparently.

Please help!?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lisergiko 

If the refund is declined by the closed card then it should bounce back to your paypal balance, allow 14 working days and if no show contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.