Receive money via PayPal into Absa account

Langjan
Contributor
Contributor

Can I receive payment from PayPal into my Absa cheque, credit card or savings account? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Langjan 

From paypals help pages...............

How can I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my bank account in South Africa?

Transferring funds from your PayPal account directly to your eligible First National Bank of South Africa (ETF) bank account is easy and secure.

To transfer funds, you must first link your PayPal account to your bank account.

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Langjan 

From paypals help pages...............

How can I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my bank account in South Africa?

Transferring funds from your PayPal account directly to your eligible First National Bank of South Africa (ETF) bank account is easy and secure.

To transfer funds, you must first link your PayPal account to your bank account.

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Langjan
Contributor
Contributor

Please read the question before replying

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Langjan 

I did and above is the ONLY bank you can link which is why i posted that information, so ..............your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Langjan
Contributor
Contributor

Not so, my friend. They recommend FNB but will link any credit card account. I have successfully linked my ABSA card.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Langjan 

You can add a card for paying but you were asking about receiving payments.

To receive payments ie withdraw them to your bank account then you can only do so to the bank as per above....my friend.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Langjan
Contributor
Contributor

You do not need an FNB account to use PayPal services in South Africa for the withdrawal of funds from PayPal. Simply follow the guidelines in the FNB PayPal Services guide under "Forex" to register for FNB online banking services for non-FNB clients PayPal purposes and to link your qualifying account with any South African bank. 

Login to Me Too

CarelduToit
New Community Member
@Langjan How do I do what you did? I had a FNB profile but lost my login details 😞
Login to Me Too

Langjan
Contributor
Contributor

The best way forward is to phone the PayPal client helpline. I have found them very helpful and efficient. 

Login to Me Too

Shirl60
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for the advice.

I registered for the FNB online services for non FNB account holders. How do I get the money from there to my Absa account, please? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.