Real or fake

AlzetS
Contributor
Contributor

Please read and follow instructions!!!

Dear: Alzet Steenkamp,

My name is Richard Wilson. I'm a PayPal representative in charge of your transaction with Gloria Bunch

You've receive a payment of $1,680.00 USD from Gloria Bunch (TRANSACTION ID: 0FB53772GH379443F)

Kindly reply to this message if you have any question regarding this transaction and I will be happy to help you. 

We thank you for being an asset to PayPal and we hope to serve you better in the nearest future.

We do not appreciate any calls due to attending to many customers, We advice you to get back to us via this email to get full details of this transaction.

Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email, so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call...

A Temporary Hold Has Been Placed On This Transaction !!!

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount of $1,680.00 USD from the buyer's account which includes the buyer's shipper pick up fees.

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved into your account. We advice you go to the nearest Western Union or Money Gram Office, and send the sum of $350.00 USD to the Pick-Up Agent information given to you and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Money Gram Transfer Receipt.

This is the step by step way of sending the money to the Pick Up agent:

Western Union or Money Gram Money Transfer

(1). Go to any Money Gram or Bank close to you.

(2). Ask for a Money Gram or Western Union Transfer form.

(3). Fill the form with the details provided by the buyer.

(4). Tender the cash and you will be issued a receipt after the money has been sent.

(5). Attach and email to PayPal a scanned copy of the receipt.

(6). You can also do this online...

If you don't have a scanner, you can email PayPal with the following details written on the receipt.

1. REFERENCE # ( Digit Numbers).

2. Sender's Full Name and Address.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlzetS 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment. They say that they will arrange a shipping agent/courier to collect it.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via western union, moneygram or walmart etc BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.