Randomly Getting Declines with Samsung Pay - Funds available in PayPal account

djkc
New Community Member

I've been dealing with an issue for almost two weeks where Samsung Pay will decline transactions.  I've been on the phone with PayPal support 4 different times, talking to 5 different people and I've gotten nowhere with a root cause.   I'm very frustrated and would welcome anyone that's had similar issues and if they ever found out the root cause.

Troubleshooting:

Reset Phone,  Deleted Samsung Pay and re-installed,  re-added PayPal,  Tried GPay

Other info

-None of the declined attempts show in my transaction history on PayPal or Samsung Pay

-PayPal works fine on transactions not using contactless pay

First Call:

- Said I had too many transactions...I had 7 and some of them were retries due to denials.

- Try Google Pay instead because it could be Samsung.  Set up Google Pay and tried...declined and the activity shoed a $98,400 attempt on google

- We'll send you a debit card....cool that's a good backup

- We reset something try again...still declined

- Next day I finally got it to work 

Second call:

- Asked about the $98,400 attempt after Google Support said to ask PayPal,  They saw an attempt but no accept, decline or amount??

- Reset something

- Again next day started working again

Third Call:  Today after a declined transaction right after a successful one

- First person went on hold for 15 minutes and came back to say the tokenization was not working and I had to turn on the top off option to fix the tokenization.  Pushed back saying I've tried both methods and it didn't change anything.  They said there was nothing more they can do so I aske to speak to a supervisor

- Supervisor looked over everything and said I should talk to the debit card team....first I've been told to do that

- Debit Card Team

-  They see security alerts on the account that is causing the transactions to fail but couldn't say why some worked and some didn't

-  Told me to just wait 24 hours an maybe that would help

-  I pushed back asking why if they are seeing these issues I can't get more assistance on find the issue.  Said couldn't do anything further

-  Pushed again and he started talking over me saying wait 24 hours and call back if there are problems.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.