REST API and Partners

cmrdev
Contributor
Contributor

We're currently using PayFlow Pro API to accept payments on behalf of Partners with funds going directly to Partner accounts (authenticated with User/Vendor/Partner/Pwd data). When I looked into PayPal REST API years ago, I believe I saw that there was no way for funds to go to Partner accounts as opposed to the account which is used to generate the API keys. Is this still the case (that the REST API can not be used to send funds to Partner accounts).

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

The Rest API product that will allow funds to go to a Partner Account is PayPal For Marketplaces:

Here is the information on the two different paths:

Our PayPal for Marketplaces solution has two integration paths to choose from based on how you run your business:

• Connected path. A marketplace model in which each individual PayPal merchant assumes financial liability, rather than you, the partner. All merchants must have PayPal Business accounts.

• Managed path. A marketplace model in which the partner assumes financial liability. Merchants aren't required to have PayPal Business accounts.

PayPal For Marketplaces is also the replacement for Adaptive Payments.

Thank you,

Jennifer

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

The Rest API product that will allow funds to go to a Partner Account is PayPal For Marketplaces:

Here is the information on the two different paths:

Our PayPal for Marketplaces solution has two integration paths to choose from based on how you run your business:

• Connected path. A marketplace model in which each individual PayPal merchant assumes financial liability, rather than you, the partner. All merchants must have PayPal Business accounts.

• Managed path. A marketplace model in which the partner assumes financial liability. Merchants aren't required to have PayPal Business accounts.

PayPal For Marketplaces is also the replacement for Adaptive Payments.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.