REFUND

Tazbex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried to find the answer to my query on the help pages and then went through 'contact us', which took me back through the help pages, so frustrating.  So my query is, a customer from my Ebay store ordered an item last night then immediately asked me to cancel which I did.  When I check the refund on Paypal it seems I have been issued a fee refund which is 0.20p short of the fee initially taken by Paypal.  Can anyone explain this please?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tazbex

When someone pays you, you are charged 3.4% + 20p, when you issue a refund then the 3.4% is refunded but Paypal keep the 20p as they processed the original payment for you and the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tazbex

When someone pays you, you are charged 3.4% + 20p, when you issue a refund then the 3.4% is refunded but Paypal keep the 20p as they processed the original payment for you and the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tazbex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Thanks for the quick response.  This makes sense to me I guess as they have facilitated the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.