REFUND

ruthy666
Contributor
Contributor

they take my money and refund it "instantly" yet can take days to go back into original bank account used??!!
I cant afford to "wait" for thee refund when I was trying to pay for something NEEDED.
nothing wrong with my bank account, already rang them.
refund now please, there is no reason or excuse to hold someones money for no reason

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthy666 

Then it wasn't a refund, it was a cancellation which works this way...........

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthy666 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ruthy666
Contributor
Contributor

I was buying groceries through woolworths online.
they declined my card and said I didn't have enough to cover it, even with using 2 egift cards for woollies online, only used the egift cards as I wanted to use up the remaining on them but I had more then enough to cover from my bank account anyways, I then used paypal as payment method as bank card is linked, they declined yet again. 
then I got email notifications from paypal saying, 1: thankyou for payment etc, then 1 minute later got another email from paypal, declined but refunded, yet nothing. they take my money instantly, but then don't refund it instantly when no one is at fault?! woollies not, my bank account and bank not and paypal not, there is absolutely no reason why the $100+ didn't go directly back into my bank account.
the frustration is aimed towards paypal, not u kernowlass.
I thankyou for you comment. but there is no reason why paypal should be keeping it from me, that was grocery shopping for the week for me my boyfriend and my 4 boys that need to eat for school and dinner etc. not that paypal would be concerned over that though.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthy666 

Then it wasn't a refund, it was a cancellation which works this way...........

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.