REFUND ISSUES IN FRIEND/FAMILY PAYMENT

arvin1234
Contributor
Contributor

TODAY I SENT A MONEY TO SOMEONE FOR ENCASHMENT I SENT LIKELY 2.700 PHP AND THEY RECEIVED THE MONEY AFTER THAT THE RECEIVER TOLD ME THAT THOSE ACCOUNT EMAIL HAS NO LONGER ACCESS AND NO LONGER USED BECAUSE OF NEGATIVE BALANCES AND LIMITED ACCOUNT AND SHE CANT ISSUES A REFUND BECAUSE OF NEGATIVE BALANCE HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK? SINCE SHE HAS NO LONGER USE ON THOSE ACCOUNT DUE TO NEGATIVE BALANCE HOW CAN I ISSUES REFUND? PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO REPORT THIS ONE

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arvin1234

Do you have the option to send friends / family payments in your country and are you sure you sent it that way?

If so then is it completed or pending in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

arvin1234
Contributor
Contributor

ILL SENT FOR ENCASHMENT
LIKE PAYPAL TO ANOTHER BANK ACCOUNT
SINCE I DONT HAVE BANK ACCOUNT TODO
ILL TRANSACT WITH HER MULTIPLE LIKELY
20X
BUT TODAY WHEN I SENT IT
THATS THE TIME THAT PAYPAL BALANCE OF HER WAS NEGATIVE BALANCE
THEN THAT TIME I SEND MY MONEY
THATS WHY HE CANT TRANSFER MY MONEY TO BANK ACCOUNT
SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TO FIND WAY TO CANCEL THE TRANSACTION USING FRIENDS PAYMENT

---------------------------------
THE MONEY WAS COMPLETED 
AND SENT

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arvin1234

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

arvin1234
Contributor
Contributor

THE PROBLEM HERE IS 
WE CANT CANCEL THE PAYMENT IN FRIENDS/FAMILY PAYMENT
ILL SENT THE MONEY AND IT WAS AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPTED TO HIS ACCOUNT

WHEN I GO TO RESOLUTION CENTER
ONLY
THE REPORT AVAILABLE IS

REPORT FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS

ONLY

I CANT MAKE A PROPER REPORT

Login to Me Too

Rayray203
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back? I have the same issue now!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rayray203 

Read my post above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rayray203
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. My issue is that i have mistakenly sent money to an account via F&F that is no longer in use as the person i sent money to no longer has access to issue me a refund. I have contacted my bank and explained and they have sent the form over to paypal requesting that the money is returned. Hopefully i get my money back by tomorrow.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rayray203 

Is the payment showing as completed or pending/unclaimed and if so is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.