Purchases made by a 6 year old

vicky329
Contributor
Contributor

Where do I turn my 6 year old granddaughter got into my tablet and played my bingo game and didn't know what she was doing and used my PayPal account to buy bingo credits like 18 times my PayPal is linked to my checking account there wasn't enough money in that account but still PayPal ok the purchases now I'm like in the red about 400.00 what can I do I'm on limit income on disability and so stressed out on this I feel like a heart attack could happen anyone please have some advice for me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vicky329 

Sadly paypal won't see it as unauthorised as you allowed her access to your device and paypal account however unwittingly.

You have some options however.

1. Reach out to the sites she purchased from and see if they will issue refund?

2. Contact paypal customer services and see if they will help you even if its only paying off the debt in instalments.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

3. Do you use a credit card linked to your paypal account? If so contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you based on unauthorised use.

4. Start a gofundme page to try and raise the funds.

5. Get the childs mother to pay the debt or get help from other family members?

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vicky329 

Sadly paypal won't see it as unauthorised as you allowed her access to your device and paypal account however unwittingly.

You have some options however.

1. Reach out to the sites she purchased from and see if they will issue refund?

2. Contact paypal customer services and see if they will help you even if its only paying off the debt in instalments.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

3. Do you use a credit card linked to your paypal account? If so contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you based on unauthorised use.

4. Start a gofundme page to try and raise the funds.

5. Get the childs mother to pay the debt or get help from other family members?

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.