Purchases From Foreign Countries

Luciana43
Contributor
Contributor

When I make a purchase from a foreign country using a Visa credit card, sometimes they cancel the transaction if I don't notify them that it's okay. If I make the payment through PayPal, to the same credit card, will the credit card company still require that I notify them of the purchase?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Luciana43 

If you are using your credit card on PayPal, it will come up as a charge by PayPal, a US company. So I take it that your bank or card provider will allow the transactions to go through. Although they may still recognize the merchant you are using it on via PayPal, so there is still a possibility that they will decline. It is best to ask the card provider directly to know for sure.

Hope this helps. All the best!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Luciana43 

If you are using your credit card on PayPal, it will come up as a charge by PayPal, a US company. So I take it that your bank or card provider will allow the transactions to go through. Although they may still recognize the merchant you are using it on via PayPal, so there is still a possibility that they will decline. It is best to ask the card provider directly to know for sure.

Hope this helps. All the best!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.