Purchased a game on Microsoft store with Paypal, not registering as bought?

jbryan1990
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,
Two days ago I purchased a game for my PC through the Microsoft store, using paypal. The game is not registering as bought and I am being prompted to purchase it (again). Money for the purchase has come out, I have an invoice from paypal in my email account, and after providing those details to Microsoft they insist that I still haven't bought it and it is Paypal's fault. Any way to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbryan1990 

Sometimes an order can fail to process correctly but still a temporary authorization is initiated with the funds held in your funding source which should expire if Microsoft sees no order or it doesn't look like you completed a purchase on their end. You should attempt to buy your game again and ensure it goes through successfully with MS again. The temporary authorization for the first attempt should expire in 3 or up to 30 days so keep an eye on it at your funding source. Should it be marked as posted, only then can you dispute it but I don't foresee it posting since MS wasn't be able to capture payment on that temporary authorization.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbryan1990 

Sometimes an order can fail to process correctly but still a temporary authorization is initiated with the funds held in your funding source which should expire if Microsoft sees no order or it doesn't look like you completed a purchase on their end. You should attempt to buy your game again and ensure it goes through successfully with MS again. The temporary authorization for the first attempt should expire in 3 or up to 30 days so keep an eye on it at your funding source. Should it be marked as posted, only then can you dispute it but I don't foresee it posting since MS wasn't be able to capture payment on that temporary authorization.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.