Purchase

Rb0309
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, PayPal applied my PayPal balance without my knowledge for one of my online purchases while I wanted the whole amount paid with the default credit card payment method I have set up in my PayPal. Can PayPal fix this by putting the money back into my balance and charging the default credit card for that amount ?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rb0309

Not once you have paid no, however before you click to pay paypal clearly shows you where the funds will be debited from and if you don't want them debited from that option then you don't click to proceed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rb0309
Contributor
Contributor

That's precisely my point! on checkout page I selected the card I had on my paypal profile and wanted the payment to come out of. There was no mention of paypal balance at all in the checkout page so there was no reason for me to suspect anything. However then in reality it debited the paypal balance and the rest to the chosen card. So there is a lack of transparency and this should have been made more explicit. And now if according to you it can't be fixed I am disappointed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rb0309

All I know is that if a transaction is marked as completed then you can't change the funding source afterwards.

As to why it happened if you selected your c.c. you would need to ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.