Problems with old email accepting ebay payments

jack2234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I had recently changed my email paypal address to a different one and removed my old one which was the primary one for a long time.
All has worked for purchasing new items and i get notifications in my new email inbox.
Now that I have received a payment for something sold on ebay, it (I don't know if this is ebay or paypal)  has my old email address in the system and paypal has asked me to re-verify the old one again in order to receive the payment to this old unregistered address (not the current new one as it should have). I did this, and now the money is on hold for 21 days and won't released earlier unless I show proof of dispatch and receipt of the product I'm selling. I don't want to use this old email any more. How can I remove reference completely to the old email so when people pay on ebay it goes to my current new one?
Thanks in advance
Jack

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jack2234

It won't apply to past or present transactions BUT will apply to future ones that you list, BUT always check it during the listing process as it has been known to default to an old one for some weird reason or another  Smiley Happy....well did it to me once anyway.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jack2234

I expect you changed your email address on Ebay but NOT on your auction the first time you listed an item after changing it.

Buyers would pay to the one on here................

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jack2234
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much! This did show the old email address for some reason. I have gone in and changed it. Do you know if this will now apply to current auctions I have running so that payment will be made to the updated paypal email or or only future ones?

Best regards,

Jack

@kernowlass wrote:

@jack2234

I expect you changed your email address on Ebay but NOT on your auction the first time you listed an item after changing it.

Buyers would pay to the one on here................

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jack2234

It won't apply to past or present transactions BUT will apply to future ones that you list, BUT always check it during the listing process as it has been known to default to an old one for some weird reason or another  Smiley Happy....well did it to me once anyway.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.