Problem with sending money

bbaltnsk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I am currently residing in Germany and I want to buy a second hand product. In order to do that, I need to send him money via PayPal. I tried to do it but both app and the internet site didn't complete the payment. It says that I need to add a credit card. But my bank account is already linked with PayPal. Do I still need a credit card? I don't have one. What are your suggestions?

ThanksI can't click on "Send the money" button.I can't click on "Send the money" button.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi bbaltnsk,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

It sounds like this payment is being stopped by our security system. To provide one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe.

There are a couple things you can try to complete this payment.

Try changing your payment method during checkout.

For example, if your preferred payment method is your bank account, we will always try to use your bank account first for payments. If there is an issue with your bank account, we may block payments using that account as a funding source. You can change your payment method to a different one, such as a debit or credit card.

Here's what to do:

1. During checkout, click on a different funding option or on See more payment options.
  2. On the next page, select the payment method you want and click Confirm and pay.
  3. The payment method you selected will be used after your PayPal balance.

Try adding another payment method.

Here's how to add another payment method to your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  3. Click Link a credit card or Link a bank account and follow the instructions.

This may be why you are being asked to add a card even though you have a bank account on your account. A card acts as a backup to your bank and makes the payment more secure. 

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Aec212
Contributor
Contributor
As she stated above, she does NOT have a card or other form of payment. I, too, am having the same issue. I called 3x today & got 3 different answers, the only similarity being "your acct looks fine." I made 2 small purchases with my acct last night but can't today? I have the money & they were only for $25 & $50 so why security intervened makes ZERO sense. I even activated my new card today & attempted to put $ on my prepaid card w/ my already authorized acct & still nothing. No one answers the actual questions, offering extra advice not relevant, & the reps you speak to don't give the same answers or know what's going on. It'd be nice to talk to security. I even received an email today saying security confirmed me so whatever is going, No one can seem to help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.