Preffered payment not working

help909
Contributor
Contributor
ok, I have a negative balance because I did not know you have to set up a preferred debit for each auto transaction (stupid) I have since paid from my bankaccount but its not showing the credit after 2 days. I know it takes time but in the meantime I had a Netflix come out - Preferred is chosen bank account that it ALWAYS comes from however now it took from my credit card ?? What is going on with PAYPAL ??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@help909

Can be about a week to reflect funds in your paypal account from your bank account.

As far as I am aware from years of posting on here is that paypal remove your ability to use a 'bank account' for future paypal payments if you have had a negative balance or failed bank transfer to reduce risk to them of it happening again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@help909

Can take a while to transfer from your bank account to your paypal account to clear a negative balance but as you haven't added your country to your community profile or said what country you are in then can't tell you how long.

Secondly if you have had a failed bank transfer OR a negative balance then paypal often take away your bank account as a funding source in the future due to a higher risk of another failure.

As they credit sellers upfront for you then they are not going to take the risk of another failure so your options would only be a card in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

help909
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply ,I am in Canada - The bank account that is my preferred is NOT the one that i usually use and not the one that caused a negative balance. Do they stop ALL bank accounts and just use credit card if there is a negative. This whole experience has caused me $398 in NSF cause it used a non preferred account that i no longer use and its now using my credit card instead of the bank account that is good and never an issue ?

sooo frustrated with paypal

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@help909

Can be about a week to reflect funds in your paypal account from your bank account.

As far as I am aware from years of posting on here is that paypal remove your ability to use a 'bank account' for future paypal payments if you have had a negative balance or failed bank transfer to reduce risk to them of it happening again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alimay525
Contributor
Contributor
Not only am I having this issue as well. I actually had my credit card maxed out because instead of taking money from my bank account (my preferred method) it took funds from my credit card on file. I removed the credit card but this is frustrating. And now my preferred card it keeps saying no funds available even though there’s more than enough in my account. It seems to be choosing the wrong cards. When I removed only the card I want to use that’s when my transaction went through.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.