Preferred payment method not being used. Why?

Shazzadut
Contributor
Contributor

My online preferred payment method is set to my debit MasterCard and my instore payment method is set as my debit Visa card, Despite this I’ve had an online transaction go to my bank account even though there is always funds in my debit cards. Why? I’ve had this before with an online grocery order That PayPal arbitrarily decided to charge to my bank account when the online preference is set to my debit MasterCard which had the funds. Most online purchases seem to go okay to my MasterCard then PayPal will randomly debit one to my bank account even though it is not a preferred payment method. So what’s the point of having a preferred payment method if PayPal are just going to decide what THEY want to do with the charges, not me? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lovesdoor
New Community Member

Hey, PayPal is a crook! Quit them as soon as possible. I have had one problem after another with them and every time I try to resolve it with them they run me around in circles and never allow me to talk to a supervisor. the stupid "customer dis-service" agents come on and type a message that never really gets to the issue at hand - just something to as quickly as possible, pass it on to someone else. I am so ticked at them right now. I know this does not answer your questions, but I thought perhaps this would be flagged and maybe they would either shut down my account! yay! or some supervisor would take note and call me[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.