Preferred Payment

valpojim
Contributor
Contributor

We recently linked our bank account to our PayPal account so we could transfer monies directly to our bank. Since we started this account we have checked to pay all our purchases using our Discover card, that has been entered as our preferred payment. Since we started all purchases have been paid by Discover until recently. Our last purchase was paid from our bank account? I doubled check to see if our preferred payment preference has changed. It has not! Why was our last payment taken from our bank?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello valpojim,

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that your bank was unexpectedly used for a payment. That would be understandably alarming. 

Is it possible that this funding method was selected by mistake when completing the purchase? 

Did you have a number of pending payments to your Discover card being processed?

Have you checked with your card issuer to see if they denied any recent payments?

PayPal may select a backup funding source if a payment is denied or blocked by your primary funding source. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.