Preferred Payment Method (not working as intended)

Rachaeldianne
Contributor
Contributor
I have verified and confirmed my banking account. It was set on my account and I was able to make it my "Preferred Payment Method." I was under the impression that if a balance is short or not available within a PayPal account that an attached preferred payment method would pick up the difference or cover the cost necessary to complete an online transaction. However, this step is not occurring when I try to make a transaction. The system attempts to pull funds from my available PayPal balance and if the amount is not sufficient to cover the cost, the transaction gets denied. No attempts are even being made to pull the funds from my preferred payment method which is my bank account. I've been dealing with this issue for a year and no one understands what I am trying to explain here. An agent told me that I didn't have "Back up Privileges". What the heck? His response doesn't make sense and on top of that, it is not even the issue! I really need to figure this out. Otherwise, I need to get rid of this account because without this function, a PayPal account would be useless to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.