Preferred Payment Method Issues????

Amald231
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Has anyone here has had issues with Paypal choosing a payment method for you when you use them at check out?

I recently used paypal as a form of payment for check out, and I have my paypal wallet set up with my preferred payment method being the Paypal credit card. Now on this date that I used payapl, they took the funds available in my paypal cash, and then instead of using the preferred payment method of Paypal Credit Card, they just decided to use my Bank.

I'm not too sure where in the fine print they have this order of operations set, and made clear to you but I'm pretty sure the purpose of choosing a preferred payment method is so that the correct account is used.  I also reached out to Paypal agents via the chat and they were not helpful at all, all they would say was to contact the merchant. 

Paypal is a total waste, and absolutely make ZERO sense when they try to explain. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@Amald231 

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced an issue with this transaction and are dissatisfied with paypal services, I hope I am able to change your mind in this response. In your wallet, you are able to set a backup payment method, this was likely automatically (or perhaps you did it yourself) set to your bank which is why it was charged. Paypal will automatically charge your preferred payment method when they can, but likely what happened in this situation is that their internal security system identified a potential risk with using that payment method and thus it was blocked. In the future, it is best to look closely at which payment method will be charged. If it charged your bank but it said it was charging your card, I would recommend calling paypal to inquire about that situation. 

I hope I was able to help answer your question, please leave a kudo if I did. 

Login to Me Too

Amald231
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted payapl and explained the situation. I even reviewed my account and my wallet to make sure i was not just contacting them over a mistake that I made but they were useless, telling me i need to contact the merchant about this issue?!?!

They made zero sense with their explanation. 

Login to Me Too

Jandaaries
Contributor
Contributor
It seems it is hard to get an explanation. Because they don’t have one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.