Pre-approved payments on a card that I no longer have

BrianneAggg
New Community Member

Hi, 

I had AirBNB set up to have pre-approved payments on a card that I used to have but don't any more because I got a new card. I forgot to delete the old card off my profile because this is a relatively new card, and pre-approved payments to AirBNB were scheduled on that old card and not the new one. So perhaps it's trying to charge a card that doesn't exist anymore?

I sent an AirBNB payment through Paypal and it shows up as I paid it on Paypal, as it's been shown as a charge on my summary. But it's not showing up in my bank account as that I have paid anything. So, it shows up on Paypal, but not on my bank card in a transaction. Does it have anything to do with that my old card, and not my new card, was listed under pre-approved payments for AirBNB? I just switched the pre-approved payments to be with my new card number, but I still haven't been charged on my bank account.

I'm worried, because I want them to receive the payment.

Bri

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Drew

Hi @BrianneAggg

If the payment shows as completed, that means we would've authorized the payment on one of your cards or charged the bank. If the default card doesn't work on a pre-approved payment, our system will automatically charge another payment method on your account. 

If you go into the details of the transaction, it will show the payment method that it billed. I hope this helps! 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.