Possible Fraud

tanvirazhar76
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

I am new to PayPal.I have received an email saying I have to transfer $950 for verification of a transaction. I was selling a car, advertised on carsales. I have received a message in my phone saying to reply to a Gmail account.I replied. She is claiming that she is a navy officer who wants to buy the car for her father.She cant do money transfer as she is middle of the mission, so phone calls are strictly restricted. She agreed upon the price and sent me an email saying payment has been made. I was asking for the proof of transaction but she didn't provide any. Also, I haven't received any message on my PayPal account. The funny part is i am selling the car at Melbourne and the logistic address is from Queensland. It's a very old cheap car, Not sure why someone will buy it from Queensland. I can't click anything inside that mail, Is it legit or just fraud??  
Please help me.
paypal.PNGp2.PNGp3.PNG
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi tanvirazhar76 and welcome, 

From reading your post I can confirm that this is not something we would request you to do. All of our messages are from service@paypal.com and we would not send an email from a gmail address. Please do not send any funds. If you still have these emails please send them to spoof@paypal.com so our team can take a look at them. 

Thanks for posting, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.