Please help: ebay is not changing my paypal email for accepting payments from buyers!

purehome
Contributor
Contributor

For such a task that should be so simple...Ebay is still sending my sales revenue to my OLD paypal email address. I tried following the (useless) ebay help steps to "change your payment method" to receive funds. in the end it says "you will be redirected to paypal to login and continue the process from there". but when i am sent to paypal to "continue the process" to change my payment method, NOTHING happens. I simply login to my paypal account and it takes me to the home page.

whether i login to my old paypal email account, or my new paypal email account in the above process, ebay continues to send my funds to my old paypal email address. i have spent over an hour trying to fix this to no avail.

any help is appreciated. thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@purehome

You have probably changed your email address on Ebay and Paypal but NOT on your auction.

Do this............

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is it the old one still on there?

I expect it is in which case next time you list an item for sale CHANGE it in that payments section and check everytime. You won't be able to change it on ongoing or finished auctions. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@purehome

You have probably changed your email address on Ebay and Paypal but NOT on your auction.

Do this............

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is it the old one still on there?

I expect it is in which case next time you list an item for sale CHANGE it in that payments section and check everytime. You won't be able to change it on ongoing or finished auctions. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

purehome
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. I Appreciate it! what you said worked, but there is one problem. every time i create a new darn listing, the OLD email is still there by default. this is an indefinite annoyance. do you know how to change the default? i ran around ebay's crappy settings pages for hours and could not find it.

please advise if you know. thank you again fro caring to respond.

best and kudos to you

Login to Me Too

purehome
Contributor
Contributor

I finally found out how to change the default paypal email that shows up every time you create a listing.
nobody or nowhere online did it say where. no tutorial, no help support employee.... for the next poor soul who suffers this issue, please read: contrary to what i read online, you CAN change all paypal emails for existing listings, at the same time, AND you can also set which paypal email you want to be your default. all this can be done by going logging int your ebay accout and going to Account Settings > Account > BUSINESS POLICIES. you can rearrange all together in a single click by clicking the check box of the payment you want to change and then selecting "Reassign Listings". this may differ if ebay changes things up, but "business policies" is not a very intuitive name to make changes like this.

Login to Me Too

SaskiaPvB
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem, and was so relived to find your answer.

But.... They've taken away this option! 

There is no longer a business policies option under account settings. 

Grrrrr!

@purehome wrote:

I finally found out how to change the default paypal email that shows up every time you create a listing.
nobody or nowhere online did it say where. no tutorial, no help support employee.... for the next poor soul who suffers this issue, please read: contrary to what i read online, you CAN change all paypal emails for existing listings, at the same time, AND you can also set which paypal email you want to be your default. all this can be done by going logging int your ebay accout and going to Account Settings > Account > BUSINESS POLICIES. you can rearrange all together in a single click by clicking the check box of the payment you want to change and then selecting "Reassign Listings". this may differ if ebay changes things up, but "business policies" is not a very intuitive name to make changes like this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.