Please add a card to complete your purchase.

toudi
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone tell me why PayPal is asking for a CC number at checkout? I have my bank account linked with my PayPal account.

If I add the credit card number is PayPal going to share it with the shops?

have a great day everyone and thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @toudi

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a purchase. It sounds like you may have run into our Security System since you were asked to add a card. Our Security System assesses the risk associated with each transaction, and it can limit what payment methods are available. Your security is our top priority, and we will never share your financial information with the merchant. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @toudi

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a purchase. It sounds like you may have run into our Security System since you were asked to add a card. Our Security System assesses the risk associated with each transaction, and it can limit what payment methods are available. Your security is our top priority, and we will never share your financial information with the merchant. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.