Placed an order on the Apple store and got an email back from them saying payment needs authorised?

Shauna3
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order with the apple store and got an email saying this: 

Thank you for your recent online order with Apple.

We're attempting to process your order, but have encountered an authorisation issue. Please log into your PayPal account to ensure all your details are correct. Order processing can only be completed once we have obtained payment authorisation. Your estimated delivery dates may change. We will continue to secure payment for your order for seven days. If unsuccessful, your order will be cancelled and you will be notified by email.

Once your order ships, you'll receive a Shipment Notification email with updated delivery information.

When i go onto my paypal, its says the payment is pending, why is it pending and why did the money not go through in the first place and yes I have money in my bank so thats not the problem, can anyone help me to what to do as I really need my new laptop for work. 

also I do have a business account I dont know if that makes a difference?, ive payed on many other different sites so I dont know why apple store purchase is not working? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Shauna3.

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds to me that your recent order has not been successful when we have attempted to debit the funds from your bank account. 

If the payment is still pending, you should try reaching out to the merchant directly and ask them to try processing the payment again on their PayPal account. 

Sometimes if a payment is unsuccessful, the merchant may have the option to process the transaction again through the PayPal website. 

Please let us know how it goes. 

David.

Login to Me Too

Leni_1997
Contributor
Contributor

having the same problem right now. how did you end up paying @ apple?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.