Personal payment to another user - how long does it take?

Nick_Rodt
New Community Member

Hello.  I used the Android mobile app to send a payment to an friend.  In the app, I had the choice of using my confirmed bank account with no fee, or my debit card with a small fee. 

I chose to use my confirmed bank account, since there was no fee and in the app description it said that payment would be recieved "in seconds", so I saw no downside.  

Everything went fine, and I recieved an email stating that I sent a payment, but nothing at all is showing up in my bank account after several hours, and no funds were removed.  Is it safe to assume that she did in fact receive her payment "in seconds" like the app says?  Maybe it takes a while on the payer side?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nick_Rodt

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something OR send money to someone paypal credit them for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item OR they get their funds without delay.

Takes several days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Listen to what Kernowless just said it takes a few days for your bank to reflect the withdraw from Paypal she did get the money so don't believe if she says she did not. 

next time? don't Link Banks Money with your Paypal always put money in your Paypal account & you will see funds being wired much faster & you will see your Paypal accnt reflect what you sent out to that person. for example if she has Bank of America & you have Bank of America it will understand each other but instead you did this Bank of America & she has a Bank from China for example wiring money from to different establishments proves a Headache

so (DON'T) use any money for a few days from your Bank Card so Paypal get's there money through your bank now.  so next time? she ask you for money just always have Paypal stocked up & avoid the Headache of wondering if she got the money or not. two Paypal flock together get it? LOL 😂

Hope that helps enjoy friend.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.