[Personal] Sending Money On-Hold, No Transaction Trail in Activity, No Notification Email Received

Cez_02
Contributor
Contributor

I was sending my brother around 8,000 (Philippines pesos) when I suddenly got a notification from Paypal that says that payment is pending and that they'll send an email shortly. Friends and Family option was checked when I sent it so I was confused since this is the first time this has happened to me. I checked both my emails that are connected to my account and it's been more than 4 hours but I still haven't received any email from Paypal regarding this transaction. I tried checking in the Activity tab but this particular transaction didn't appear there either.

Tried reading up on the Help and Community Center and it says Paypal apparently does this every now and then as a security thing (?) and it eventually releases the payment within 21 days.

Is there any way Paypal can release my money and just send it to my brother? Or if you have other suggestions how to resolve this, please let me know.

We just really need to settle this since it's our payment for rental and we'll be getting charged an interest for each day it will be delayed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who'll be able to help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Cez_02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for the answer @kernowlass ! They already released my money and sent it back to my account.

To anyone from the Philippines who may encounter a similar problem in the future, I posted this on Dec 16--Paypal released my money on Dec 19 (since it's under Friends & Family transaction), so that took three (3) days. That said, I still didn't get any email from Paypal regarding withholding my money, nor about getting my money back---hoping that could be fixed. As much as I appreciate the level of security that Paypal provides, I hope they can confirm instances like this on a simple email trail just to ease the minds of the clients. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cez_02 

Reviews for friends/family payments are normally 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Cez_02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for the answer @kernowlass ! They already released my money and sent it back to my account.

To anyone from the Philippines who may encounter a similar problem in the future, I posted this on Dec 16--Paypal released my money on Dec 19 (since it's under Friends & Family transaction), so that took three (3) days. That said, I still didn't get any email from Paypal regarding withholding my money, nor about getting my money back---hoping that could be fixed. As much as I appreciate the level of security that Paypal provides, I hope they can confirm instances like this on a simple email trail just to ease the minds of the clients. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.