Person I sent money to says they don't have paypal account

Wmonroe
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a refund to someone and had to use the send money tab, since the refund option is gone, since it is has been pas 180 days. They are saying they don't have a paypal account, and that they originally paid with their card, without a paypal account. But the money payment I just sent them does not say pending, or unclaimed. So if they don't have a paypal account, how do they get the money I just sent? I can't cancel it, because it doesn't say pending or unclaimed. What do I do now?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Wmonroe,

Thanks for reaching out back out through our Community! It does sound like there may be an account registered to that email address since the payment is not unclaimed. I'd recommend having the intended recipient give our Customer Support a call to research and review the situation. They'll be able to take it from there.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.