People can't send me money

user223
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i recently activated PayPal. I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Everything went smoothly i completed the 3 steps, i verified the card. The card is also very common and supported and used on PayPal. Now when people want to transfer me money they simply receive the message: "cant complete transfer now, try again later". I tried this with 3 different friends and all had this same message. Can someone tell me what the problem is? Otherwise i need to give up on the PayPal service, its just trouble. And please don't say: ''change the card", because i will not do that. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@user223

Hello,

Which type of card have you linked? Visa or Mastercard?

Login to Me Too

user223
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified a Mastercard.

Login to Me Too

user223
Contributor
Contributor

I also made a ticket to paypal support regarding my case, i just received an automatic form as answer, which was comepletely useless and no help at all.

The friend who tried to transfer to me, also made a ticket, and received an answer that he cannot send, because my account is limited.

I need an information about that, in which way is it limited and how do i fix it. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi @user223,

PayPal accounts in Bosnia & Herzegovina require a Visa card be linked in order to enable to ability to receive funds transfers from other PayPal accounts. The reason for this is because your account is not able to maintain a PayPal balance long term, nor is your account able to spend an available PayPal balance.

You are able to use a Mastercard for sending funds, but you will need a Visa card so you can enable and withdraw funds that you receive. These withdrawals will be done once a month automatically.

Login to Me Too

user223
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the explanation, it was very helpful.

So PayPal is discrimanating people based on they location. Even though the information on their site says that mastercard works, it obviosly does not. This information about this difference for Bosnia is nowhere to be found. If i had known this i would not have made a PayPal account. They did not rebalance the 2 dollars used for card verification, and i lost hours triyng to figure out this problem. My friends who tried to transfer me money also. Im seriously thinking of contacting my lawyer now. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@user223

Nothing to do with discrimination.

Paypal is country specific so each country has options that they can or can't do based on what the government and banks of that country allow Paypal to offer.

A lot of countries can't receive paypal payments, others can't withdraw payments, others don't have the friends / family option, are they all being discriminated against?

Yes it says a mastercard works FOR PURCHASES but not for withdrawals WHICH IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE LINK.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.