Pending

Dale51
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, My friend sent me an echeck last April 6, 2021 and is estimated to arrive by April 9th, 2021. However, up until now the transaction is marked as pending. Also, after he sent the money he unlinked his bank account because paypal says he can’t link his bank at that point. But when he checked his bank account the money was already deducted from his account. Hoping to hear answers. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Aggi_25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Dale51 

An eCheck is an electronic funds transfer from your bank account to another customer’s PayPal account. It's like writing a check, but you send it electronically.

When you pay with an eCheck, the funds do not instantly transfer to the recipient’s PayPal account. An eCheck payment usually takes up to 6 business days to complete. You can click on the transaction to view the expected clearing date of your eCheck payment. However, this date is only an indication as clearing timeframes may vary depending on your bank.

Thanks
Agnes
Login to Me Too

Dale51
Contributor
Contributor
Thank You, so even if he unlinks his bank after he sent the money and while the transaction is still pending, the transaction would still be valid right? Cuz the money was already deducted from his bank account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.