Pending

Callmeshanny
New Community Member
My mom just send me some money and it’s pending as a shipment and I need this money to pay for school tomorrow do anyone know when it will be available and why they charge a transaction fee when someone send you money ? I thought they only charge a fee to take it out smh
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like she sent it as "goods and services" which means you will pay a fee for receiving the payment.  Sometimes these types of payments do get held until verifiable tracking shows delivered.

When your mom is going to send you cash she should use "friends and family" instead, and make sure to use PayPal or bank account cash funds.  Then no fee would be charged, and no payment hold would occur.

As for the money that's there now, you could refund it back to her, which would then refund you back the fee (except for 30 cents).  Then she could re-send it as friends and family.

Unfortunately, the refund may not occur instantly because of the hold in place.  I've seen sometimes when it does and other times when it doesn't.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.